- Calderdale Council pages Local information, advice and services information can be found here:
- Direct.gov pages This site contains links to everything from Jobseekers to online calculators to work out your benefits. https://www.gov.uk Pages dealing directly with homelessness can be found at https://www.gov.uk/emergency-housing-if-homeless.
- Together Group Is the local social housing company that works with Calderdale Council, www.togetherhousing.co.uk.
- Keychoice Is the Website for registration and monitoring your housing bids.
- Other social housing partners in the region can be found on the Calderdale Council website. https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/residents/housing/find-home
- Shelter England a homeless organisation that has lots of pages of advice and guidance for those who like to look up things for themselves. http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice
- Citizens’ Advice Bureau offers generalist and specialist advice in debt, housing and benefits for walk in clients http://www.calderdalecab.org.uk/
- Women’s Centre works to improve the quality of life for women both locally and nationally dealing with women`s issues and women`s lives. www.womencentre.org.uk
- Samaritans offer emotional support for anyone in crisis. www.samaritans.org or ring 08457 90 90 90.
- Healthy Minds is Calderdale’s only independent, service user led, mental health charity. http://www.healthymindscalderdale.co.uk
- The Basement Recovery Project (TBRP) is an award winning, independent, community based organisation in Halifax. They offer those in addiction to alcohol or drugs a new way of life, free from the need or desire to use any mood altering substance; they call this RECOVERY. The link to their home page is http://www.thebasementproject.org.uk/
Extra Help: In addition, a list of helpful local and national organisations is listed here: https://thebasementproject.org.uk/links/
- Project Colt supports people towards healthy addiction free lifestyles and provides reasonably priced furniture as well as moving and disposal services for furniture etc. www.projectcolt.org.uk
- JobcentrePlus https://www.gov.uk/contact-jobcentre-plus for those seeking work is in Halifax Crossfield House Jobcentre Plus, St James Road, HX1 1PE
Telephone: 0345 604 3719, phone 08456043719
- North Bank Forum (NBF)
http://www.sectorsupportcalderdale.org.uk/volunteering gives opportunities, advice and training in every aspect of Volunteering.
- Contact details: 1st Floor, Friends Meeting House, Clare Road, Halifax. HX1 2HX Tel: 01422 345174, Email: email@example.com.
- Police (non emergency)
The number to call when it is less urgent than a 999 call is 101. For details of who is policing your area, use this website http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/calderdale
- Recovery steps
Drug and Alcohol recovery advice – http://calderdalerecoverysteps.org.uk/
- Fusion Housing (http://www.fusionhousing.org.uk/)
Housing support, advice and learning helping to develop the skills needed to access or keep a home.
Access to food and furniture needed a home.
Housing support, advice and learning
Access to food and furniture when you need it most we can help you make your house a home.
- Happy Days http://www.happydaysuk.org/
Providing housing and support for the homeless
Women’s centre ( http://womencentre.org.uk/)
Helping to improve the quality of life for women.
- West Yorkshire Finding Independence (WY-FI) https://wy-fi.org.uk/
A partnership of 7 organisations across West Yorkshire together to strengthen support to those with multiple and complex needs, to enable them achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
- Christians Together http://christianstogether.org.uk
Serving the community of Calderdale. Probably best known for the Food and Support drop in (http://christianstogether.org.uk/food-and-support-drop-in)
- Calderdale Council Adults and Children’s services https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/council/council-departments/directorates-and-service-areas/adult-and-childrens-services
Ensuring that individuals and their families and carers get the personal support, advice and information they need so that:
Older people, people with physical disabilities and sensory impairments, people with learning disabilities and
people with mental health problems can take as much control as they want over their lives.
Working in partnership with the NHS, other government and voluntary agencies to help adults to get personal care, support and the information that they need. We help people to have more choice, independence, dignity and confidence.
- The Gathering Place https://www.staugustinescentrehalifax.org.uk/the-gathering-place-in-halifax
Running lots of different projects, all of which have at their core, a heart to serve and support the vulnerable people in the local community